Friday, May 22, 2009

Dining Room Time!

Time for the dining room edition of Kelly's home tour!  

Our dining room is BLAH, but I thought I'd share pictures anyway!

This is the the view to the left of the front door.  That light fixture was originally brass but we spray painted it for a cheap facelift!  The kitchen table was a hand-me-down from Chase's parents.  While it has served us well and we appreciate it very much, we are in need of something new!  After Chase's uncle builds our entertainment center, we have plans for a square table to go here.  Something like this, only bigger, to seat 8.

This is the ceiling. I love the ceilings in our house!   

I've had this bakers rack since high school!  My parents got it for me at an antique store and I've always loved it.   Back then, the wine rack part held beanie babies.  Since we aren't wine drinkers, I've been trying to come up with something creative to keep in the wine rack. Any ideas?!



One of my nearest and dearest friends used the bakers rack while were in college and I had no place for it.  She added the glass to this shelf and made it much more functional!  

So that's my boring dining room!  I'll post pictures when I spruce it up some!  I might need to enlist my martha stewart friend to come help me!


2 comments:

  1. Your ceiling is pretty- I love trey ceilings and it's neat to see the ceiling itself painted and the trey left more neutral! CUTE pictures on your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cannot wait to come and see your PRECIOUS home! your love (appreciation!) shows! may many, many blessings be yours there!
    see you soon!
    we need harrison hugs!

    ReplyDelete